Washington, DCBook - 2000-
Experience all that the United States' capital has to offer, from the Smithsonian museums to the historic district of Capitol Hill to the quaint streets of Georgetown--and everything in between. This revised and updated travel guide for Washington, DC, covers areas outside the city for those looking to explore historic Civil War battlefields or hike the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Washington, DC .* Hotel and restaurant listings and recommendations.
* Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
* Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
* Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
* Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected site and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
* Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
* Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
* Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
* Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
* Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Washington, DC , truly shows you the nation's capital as no one else can.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to Washington, DC, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 Washington, DC , which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.