San Francisco and Northern CaliforniaBook - 2006-
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: San Francisco & Northern California is your in-depth guide to the very best of San Francisco and its surrounding area.
Experience the greatest attractions the region has to offer, from strolling across the Golden Gate Bridge to sunning with sea lions on Pier 39 to discovering the city's hottest neighborhoods on walking tours. Plus, check out the best of Northern California with suggested highlights for Mendocino, Napa Valley wine country, national parks, and more.
Discover DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: San Francisco & Northern California .* Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
* Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
* Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
* Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
* Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
* Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
* Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
* Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
* Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
* Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
With hundreds of full-color photographs, hand-drawn illustrations, and custom maps that illuminate every page, DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: San Francisco & Northern California truly shows you what others only tell you.
Recommended: For a pocket guidebook to San Francisco, check out DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Top 10 San Francisco , which is packed with dozens of top 10 lists, ensuring you make the most of your time and experience the best of everything.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.